PROM INSPIRED BLUE GLITTER EYE | Rhiannon-Maeve

PROM INSPIRED BLUE GLITTER EYE


   
Hello lovelies, its definitely been a while since anything was last posted up in here, but since then i feel as if i've worked on my makeup skills pretty damn hard. Practising looks such as cut creases and one like this prom inspired glitter eye! Now i've got no idea if this is the look i have finally decided on for prom or not but i do think its very elegant whilst also being out there, so perfect to both be a showstopper and still look classy. 

At first attempt this look may seem a bit daunting and messy and it definitely was! I am in no way or nor do i claim to be a professional makeup artist so the products i used and my method of applying them definitely wont work for everyone, but don't worry if they don't - makeup is about fun and creativity and a million different products are on the market to try with a million different ways to apply them 

Products used 
 The products i used were both a mix of high end and drugstore, but mainly leaning towards more drugstore as i understand that not everyone can afford high end makeup and sometimes drugstores can do the exact same job

My personal choice of products...

-Eye base - Collection lasting collection concealer in fair(3.99)
-Setting Powder - 'Bump' Urban decay full spectrum palette
-The makeup revolution-  i heart chocolate palette (£8)
-Urban decay full spectrum palette (£43)
- Royal blue glitter pot from ebay! (99p)
- Dimples eyelash glue (4.99)
- Ebay eyelashes (99p for 10 pairs!)
Kat Von D tattoo liner (£19)
Tarte man eater mascara (No idea on pricing as its part of a set!)

 How i did it ...

                            I started out using my collection lasting perfect concealer (one of my all time favs!) all over my eyes just as a general base to make the eyeshadow pop and last longer on my eyelids, i then set this over with the colour 'bump' from the urban decay full spectrum palette. Bump is a pure bright white colour which gives the perfect lift to any colour you place over the top, im pretty sure i'm nearly hitting pan on this colour! 

* I then went into my crease with a small morphe blending brush and took the bright orange shade from the i heart makeup palette and built up the colour until it was enough to give definition and create a subtle but warm transition shade for the colours being applied on top 

* Next, I dipped into 'Gossip' from the urban decay full spectrum palette and placed it directly on top using the same brush. Gossip is the most wonderful bright pink colour and i honestly dont know where half of my makeup looks would be without it! I blended the two colours together to create the perfect 'sunset' colour. 

*Theres no real rhyme or reason to this bit, i simply drew on a wing with my Kat Von D tattoo liner in Trooper!

*Now , i know here is where most people would go back in now with concealer and carve out their eyelid ready for glitter and prime with all sorts of special things, but if im being honest i didnt have the time for that. So instead, i took an old,cheap flat top brush from Ebay and a tube of dimples eyelash glue and in sections of my eyelid began to paint it on

* After I had painted on one section i would then take the same brush and dip it into my pot of glitter, and place the glitter directly on top of the eyelash glue. I was slightly nervous about blinding myself with such finely milled (maybe not eye safe??) glitter but surprisingly if i worked quickly there was little to no fall out. I continued this process until my whole eyelid was full and sparkling. (EYELINER TOUCH UP NEEDED!!!) 

*I then applied a thin coat of the tarte man eater mascara on both sets on my natural lashes and proceeded to use the same glue as earlier to apply my lashes. The lashes i used were from a Chinese brand i really dont know the name of and honestly they didnt feel the nicest but they looked pretty good!

*Finally, i took the same orange and 'gossip' underneath my eyelid and set my entire face with spray as i usually would!

I am aware some people may be sketchy of the EBay glitter but it truly worked well for me so hopefully it can do the same for others. Thank you for reading and i hope you feel slightly more inspired for prom or to recreate this look yourself!

- Rhi xox


Rhiannon-Maeve

Im Rhiannon-Maeve and i am a British aspiring blogger/Journalist.

2 comments: